Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cancer is not invited! Go away!

For those who have been waiting for the swap returns, I am happy to say that my teenage house guest (who was here for ALL but one week this summer) went HOME this week to start school Friday.
My own life and mostly everything else I was working on/doing was put on hold.
I am *finally* mailing the first half of parcels this coming week!
*YAY*
I started this project knowing that cancer runs in the family.

But this past month, someone in my immediate family was hospitalized with a blockage.
This turned out to be a VERY small bit of cancer.
It caused a LOT of damage.
When they went in to rework the area, they quickly discovered that it was the least of the trouble.
There was a lot of it somewhere else!
It's not pretty.
It's not fun.

So many members of my family have died from one form of it or another.
But now someone even closer to me, has it and it just messes with my nerves.

This person does not want it "advertised" and has not even told other family members about it so it is like a big heavy secret.

It's really draining.
And the time and energy that it takes from "normal" life is great.

Please if you would, keep my family in your good thoughts and prayers.
They always help!

Thank you!!!

And please know, as soon as I have the energy for it I WILL update the pictures of the blog.
I have them all ready to post, it just takes a LOT of time!

7 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Take your time. It is fun to anticipate an arrival.
I too was hit last month with someone close diagnosed with the big "C". It isn't fun and it messes with your world in such an ugly way however we must always realize how fortunate we are. Try to relax,regroup,and don't worry about charms. We will get them when we get them. :-)
Pat

3rdEyeMuse said...

thoughts and prayers ... with a little more good, healthy thoughts and prayers ... big hugs ... and some more good, happy, healthy thoughts and prayers.

love, love, love.

Anonymous said...

Swaps and such can wait.

These pink charms will have even more meaning to us all now.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you. I have been down that road entirely too many times. Just once is too many!
I will always keep you in my thoughts and my prayers and remember to take the time to care for yourself too.
Charms can wait till your feeling up to it.

A.S.K.-P. said...

I am soo sorry A-D. Please send this family member my best wishes. You take care of yourself as well!

GB Hugs,
Amy

Cindibee said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the recent illness in your family! I have you and yours in my prayers. *hugs*

Michelle said...

Sending prayers to you and your loved one. Please take care of yourself.